Body weight workouts have may benefits. They can be done just about anywhere and require no equipment. While its known that weight training with dumbbells, barbells, or any other weights are one way to gain muscle, many people overlook body weight workouts. Why? There is a large misconception that they can’t be as efficient since it uses less weight. The truth is, as long as you take short breaks and keep reps high enough to challenge you, its still a great workout. It’s also a good idea to sometimes take a break from weights, especially if you’re starting to burn out. Other times it’s just more convenient. If you’re on vacation and still want to squeeze in a workout sans going to a gym you can. Here we’ve outlined a couple of great workouts you can do almost anywhere.
Each set can be repeated as many times as wanted, but we recommend about 5 sets. Take only short breaks of 30-45 seconds between sets to maximize your workout. Remember to warm up with 15-30 minutes of cardio before you start!
- 30 jump squats – squat with feet shoulder width apart. Jump up with force and land softly back into a squat position.
- 30 tricep dips – Use a bench or ledge. Put hands behind you with body extended in front, knees slightly bent. Lower yourself down so that your elbows are at a 90 degree angle. Come back up.
- 2 minute wall sit – sit with your back straight against a wall with your feet slightly apart. Keep your knees and hips at a 90 degree angle as if you were sitting in an imaginary chair.
- 30 Russian twist – sit with knees bent and back lowered halfway in a partial sit up position. Keeping feet off the ground, twist your torso where you face one side. Repeat on the other side for one rep.
- 30 push ups – Put hands directly beneath you about shoulder width apart. Keeping your back straight and your butt down, lower yourself to the ground with elbows in. Come back up.
- 30 mountain climbers – Put hand and feet on the ground in a push up position. Quickly bring one foot in so that your knee is close to your chest. Repeat on the other side for one rep.
Do you love staying fit with weighrs too? Check out Kratos™ by Oli Strength™! It’s the weightlifting sensor that will change how you lift! Check it out and hear about its release here!