Chia seeds may make you think of the funny, hair growing knick knack of you childhood, but they do so much more. Touted as the newest superfood, chia seeds are a complete protein. They have incredible amounts of iron, potassium, and fiber making them ideal for a nutritional and filling addition to any meal. Here are ten great ways to work chis seeds into you diet.
- Pudding- Chia seeds absorb liquids like coconut water or milk. Soak your chia seeds to make a tapioca-like pudding. You can add honey or cinnamon for a tasty snack.
2. In Salad – Top your salad with chia seeds, either mixed in with a dressing or your choice or just sprinkled on top for a boost.
3. Smoothies – One of the most popular ways to incorporate chia seeds is to blend them into a smoothie. Add them mixed in or on top of a delicious smoothie bowl.
4. Drinks – Add chia seeds to almost any drink for a new and exciting texture. Tea, kombucha, or juice will work well.
5. In Bread – Add chia seeds into your homemade bread or on top of the loaf for an easy way to get more out of your carbs.
6. Popsicle – Turn a chia seed pudding or smoothie into a summer treat by popping the mixture into popsicle molds.
7. Better Shake and Bake – Add chia seeds to bread crumbs and spices to make a more protein packed crust for fish or chicken.
8. In Protein Bars – If you make your own protein energy bars or breakfast bars chia seeds can easily added into the mix.
9. In Dip – Mix chis seeds into hummus, guacamole, or greek yogurt based dip when you want to spice things up.
10. Anywhere – Chia seeds are so versatile, you can use them almost anywhere you want. You can bake them, add them to any liquid, or just throw them on top of any existing food you like.
How will you use chia seeds? Tell us some of you favorite ways!
Is a healthy lifestyle just the tip of your fitness goals? Join the Oli movement here!